Friday, June 03, 2005

More Stagnation .... And More Features !!!

Hi Again,

School had opened up, and I can't spend that much Time with my Project BaBIE again, But, the Amount of New Features I am getting from Friends is amazing....

My Friend, ridiculus_fish, an Apple Employee, who had already given me some Cool New Feature Ideas(See My previous Post), has today given me Even more Cool Ideas.

The Favorites and Bookmarks Features of Modern Browsers are not Enough. He explained to me the Concept of Tags, which seemed to me, a better way to organize Stuff, rather than Favorites and book Marks..

For Example, Let's Say You are Browsing a Site about the .NET Compact Framework used on SmartPhones and Pocket PCs. You can Tag that Site as ".NET Compact Framework, SmartPhones, Pocket PC". And Later, If you are searching for anything Related to SmartPhones, This Site Will Show Up. If you search for Pocket PC, too, It will Show up. If you look for .NET Compact Framework, This will show up too!

And there's more. You can lookup all Sites with Tags SmartPhone and .NET Compact Framework, and Any Sites that You have tagged as .NET Compact Framework and SmartPhone, This Site would Show up, But sites with only the tag SmartPhone won't Show Up.
This is called a "Tag Intersection"

It's a pretty Cool and Innovative Feature, and Thankx, Fish for Introducing me To it.

QLaunch Complete
Although the Project is Stagnating, I have managed to finish QuickLaunch. It's pretty simple to do, and didn't take more than an hour......

And, although I have completed Data, Trackx, QSearch and QLaunch, They are only Components. They Still Don't have any UI. So, if I say QLaunch is complete, It means the QLaunch Component is complete.... Completing the UI would Take Time...

Bye, and Be Right Back....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home